The Microsoft Volume Activation Management Tool ("VAMT") is part of Microsoft Volume Activation 2.0 and allows organizations to manage the activation of their Windows Vista and Longhorn Server computers using Multiple Activation Key (MAK) keys.
A Multiple Activation Key will perform a one time activation of PCs against Microsoft. Once the computers are activated they require no further communication with Microsoft. The number of computers that can be activated with a specific MAK is based on the type and level of the organizations's volume license agreement with Microsoft.
MAK Independent Activation: Each computer individually connects and activates with Microsoft either online or via telephone
MAK Proxy Activation: One centralized activation request on behalf of multiple computers with one online connection to Microsoft
Activation Status: Ability to determine the activation status of Windows Vista and Longhorn Server computers in the environment
Remaining MAK activations: The current remaining activations associated with a MAK key
XML Import/Export: Allows for exporting and importing of data in a well formed XML format to enable activation of systems in disconnected environment scenarios
Local reactivation: Enables reactivation of computers, that has been previously activated using MAK, after rebuild or reimage by applying the Confirmation Id
Multiple Activation Key (MAK) REQUIRED: In order to use VAMT, a valid MAK is required. MAK keys can be obtained from the Microsoft Licensing portals by customers with a valid Volume License Agreement. For more information see the Microsoft Volume Licensing website.
· Download VAMT.ZIP and save it to the local disk.
· Double-click on VAMT.ZIP.
· Extract the contents of the ZIP file to a folderVAMT.ZIP.
· To read and learn about VAMT open the Volume Activation Management Tool - Step by Step Guide.doc.
· To install VAMT double click onVAMTInstall.MSI.
· When the VAMT Setup Wizard opens, click Next.
· Select the checkbox to accept the End User License Agreement and choose Next.
· Type or Browse to indicate a new path for the installation, or click Next to accept the default.
· Click Install to confirm the installation.
· The User Account Control (if enabled) window appears. Enter credentials if required and click on Allow for the installation to continue.
· The status window will appear. Click Cancel at any time to stop the installation.
· Click Finish when the Installation Wizard is complete.
· A Start Menu item will be added for the Volume Activation Management Tool.
· Supported Operating Systems: Windows Server 2003 Service Pack 1; Windows Vista Business; Windows Vista Enterprise; Windows XP Service Pack 2
· Computer and Processor: 1 GHz 32-bit (x86) or 64-bit (x64) processor
· Memory: 512 megabyte (MB) RAM or higher
· Hard Disk: 1 gigabyte (GB) or more
· External Drive: Removable Media (Optional)
· Display: 1024x768 or higher resolution monitor (Recommended)
· Network: Connectivity to remote computers via WMI (TCPIP) and Microsoft Activation Web Service on the Internet via HTTPS
· Additional: Volume Activation 2.0 Multiple Activation Key (MAK) obtained from a Microsoft licensing portal
Volume Activation Activation Management manage activation Activation Management Manage
Download Microsoft Volume Activation Management Tool 18.104.22.168 Free